share this post
Swimming pools hold a large quantity of water, and thus are subjected to constant load which degrades the surface slowly over time, resulting in surface damages such as cracking and chipping. The older the pool, the more its chances of surface damage. To repair such detriment, one has to hire people who have experience and expertise in restoration of such pools.
Pool servicing firms offer many types of pool services, and sometimes it can be confusing as to which service do you require for your aging/damaged pool. The common services which they offer are Pool Resurfacing, Pool Restoration, Re-plastering, Remodeling and Pool Construction. Among them, Restoration and Resurfacing are the most requested services for pool repair.
There are quite a number of pool resurfacing firms in Calabasas which can get the job done. Pool resurfacing is very different from pool restoration as both concern different areas of repair work. To highlight the differences between both, let’s take a look at their brief summaries:
• Pool Restoration: When a pool has suffered from major damage, such as leakage, surface damage, failure of pumping or drainage facilities and general deterioration, it needs to be restored. It includes repairing the surface, waterproofing it, upgrading the pumping and drainage systems, adding new facilities such as waterfalls and arches to add to its aesthetic value and complete makeover of the pool.
• Pool Resurfacing: When the pool has only visible surface damage such as cracks, it requires resurfacing treatment. It includes installation of a new surface using materials such as plaster, aggregates or tiles. Different materials have different installation costs, with plaster being the cheapest option and tiles being the most expensive.
Benefits of Pool Resurfacing
• Adding a couple more years to the life of the pool. • A chance to completely redesign the surface of the pool with the materials you wish, i.e. resurfacing an old plaster-surfaced pool with colorful tiles. • A redesigned pool which looks as good as new can increase the commercial value of your property if you’re planning on selling it. • Easier to maintain – A pool with new surface can be cleaned much easily as compared to those with worn out surfaces.
Tiffany Locke - October 18, 2018
Thanks for explaining the different types of pool repairs, such as restoration that helps with major damage, such as leakage…
leave a comment
- 5 Pool Remodeling Ideas to Impress your Friends
- A Pool Lover’s Dilemma: Resurfacing or Remodeling
- Benefits of Fiberglass Pool Resurfacing in Westlake Village
- Choosing the #1 Pool Remodeling Company in Oak Park
- Essential Tips To Resurface The Swimming Pool
- Everything You Need To Know Regarding Maintaining Your Pool
- Finding the Perfect Agoura Hills Pool Remodeling Company
- How to Make Your Pool Look like a Show Stopper of Your Parties
- If You Want To Remodel You Swimming Pool, Then Do It with Panache
- Re-plaster or Paint – Which Way Swimming Pool Should Be Resurfaced?
- Reasons Why Your Real Estate Needs Swimming Pool Resurfacing
- Revamp Your Old Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool Remodeling For Beginners
- The Complete Guide to finding the Best Malibu Pool Remodeling Company
- Time to Conjure Up the Backyard Design
- Tips to Choose the Best Calabasas Pool Remodeling Service
- Transform Your Pool Into Something Your Neighbors Envy
- Types of Plasters That Give Pristine Look to Your Pool!
- Types of Pool Repair – Which Is the One Your Pool Needs?
- Valley Pool Plaster Malibu Pool Remodelling.
- Valley Pool Plaster Oak Park Pool Remodeling